Central Market was a fresh food market in Central, Hong Kong. Located between Jubilee Street, Queen Victoria Street, Queen’s Road Central and Des Voeux Road Central, it was the first wet market in Hong Kong. By its side is the first public female toilet and first above-ground toilets in Hong Kong. It is one of two existing Bauhaus market buildings in Hong Kong, the other one being Wan Chai Market.
Waterfall Bay 瀑布灣 is a bay in Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong. Located on the East Lamma Channel off the coast of Wah Fu Estate and Cyberport at Telegraph Bay, it is named after the waterfall that flows into it. The fresh water from this waterfall is said to have given the city its name – the translation of Hong Kong’s name in Cantonese 香港 means “fragrant harbour”. An eponymous park is now situated around the area.
As part of the Tai Tam scheme, the colonial government commenced the construction of Tai Tam Tuk Reservoir in 1912, the project was completed in 1917, cost 2.46 million Hong Kong dollars and had a 1.42 – billion – gallon capacity upon completion. The dam, designed by Daniel Jaffe, was 60 feet tall and 800 feet wide, 12 arches supported by half round granite columns were also built to prop up the Tai Tam road connecting Stanley and Chai Wan. Governor Henry May officially announced the completion of the reservoir on 2nd February 1918 and the reservoir operates until now.
Pak Nai (Chinese: 白泥) is a wetland area, partly mud-bank, surrounded by mountain ranges, in the Yuen Long District of Hong Kong facing Deep Bay (aka. Shenzhen Bay). Pak Nai makes up the coastline as Sheung Pak Nai (上白泥) and Ha Pak Nai (下白泥) geographically.